Forms of hosting solutions
A hosting solution pertains to storing and/or sharing specific content on a web server managed by a web hosting provider. There are different categories of hosting services utilized for different goals, so let's have a glimpse at them. In that way, you can pick what you need, on the basis of whether you wish to own a web page, email aliases, or to share files with chums and colleagues.
- File hosting: a service provided by some providers, which allows you to share big files. These could be disk images, movies, audio files, archived files, etc. This service is also known as file storage, and its only designation is to share files, since it does not support website uploading. The moment the files are uploaded, you will either obtain an accidentally created download link for each of them, or you will be able to view a roster of all the files in a directory, but you will be unable to view .html or .php web page files in your browser. Free-of-charge file storage packages frequently involve adverts beside the download links, while a timer forces you to wait for a specific span of time to observe them. A given file can be downloaded with restricted speed. If you possess a paid file hosting plan, there are no limitations as to how many files you can upload/download immediately, and also there is no limitation when it comes to the download speed or the file size.
These days, with the assistance of the cPanel hosting providers, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more faddish "cloud hosting". This is a totally mistaken interpretation of the literal definition of "cloud hosting". An actual cloud website hosting system would split the workload between autonomous packs of web servers in a cluster, which are devoted to serving miscellaneous webspace hosting services (electronic mail, disk space, stats, DNS, databases, web hosting Control Panel, and so on.) So, the file hosting service is just a variety of a disk storage hosting solution, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even near.
- Image hosting: close to file hosting; some corporations offer a hosting solution for images solely. This hosting kind is good if you desire to share a vast quantity of images with pals or colleagues since the solution is commonly free of cost. You will receive a randomly generated link for each image or album and you can subsequently share this link. As with the file storage solution, .html and .php files are not compatible, so the solution cannot be utilized for web sites.
- E-mail hosting: a service committed to administering your email address accounts. Some suppliers provide site hosting solutions for web pages, but do not supply an email service. If you wish to have an email address with your domain name but do not wish to run a website, then the e-mail hosting service is what you require. You can set up email mailbox accounts and manage them, but there will be no hosting solution for the domains. The email hosting solution includes incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP email servers.
- Video hosting: this service allows you to upload and share video files. You can either share a link to a particular video file, or you can embed the video file in your web page that is hosted somewhere else. The benefit of availing of this approach in lieu of uploading the video file in a hosting account is that the video clip brings about a certain amount of central processing unit load, so with a few videos and a few hundred web page viewers, you may have a problem with your hosting reserves. Embedding the video clip will allow you to administer as many videos as you want to without bothering about system reserves.
- Web page hosting: this is the service that you require if you desire to have a site. To a certain extent, it encompasses all of the aforesaid hosting categories since, along with your web pages, you can also host images and files, you can run databases and electronic mail accounts, upload video files, etc. At HOST AND WORK, for instance, you can observe web hosting and dedicated server hosting services that allow you to have all of the abovementioned solutions in one single place. There may be limitations based on the type of hosting service that you've opted for - a free hosting package, a paid shared hosting plan, a VPS or a dedicated server. Based on that, your hosting plan may be better or worse in comparison with the common e-mail/file/video/image hosting packages that are made for particular web content exclusively.